DOG FRIENDLY DESTINATIONS
The Dog Owners Group of the Seacoast believes that it is important for dogs to socialize and play in a safe environment. That's why we think it's important to maintain open areas on the Seacoast where dogs can just be dogs, while encouraging responsible pet ownership.
Portsmouth Dog Park
The Portsmouth Dog Park is located near downtown between South Mill Pond and the public tennis courts, in an area known as the South Mill Park.Click on map to view in Google Maps.
Portsmouth Dog Park Rules:
- Pooper Scooper Law requires you to clean up after your dog
- For Safety Reasons Entry into the Fenced area is restricted by the city to persons Age 12 and older
- You are Responsible for your dog and their actions
- Dogs must have current licenses and vaccinnation tags
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered
- Spike and Choke collars must be removed
- Particular care should be taken to protect children from injury which might be caused by proximity to the dogs in the park
Portsmouth Police Department Animal Control Officer 427-1510 x441
Map of off-leash areas in Portsmouth
Seacoast Beaches - Note: Dogs are permitted only on the beaches of the Town of Rye. Special restrictions apply from Memorial day through mid-September.